The KRA has received news of a small spate of burglaries in the northern Reigate and Banstead area which could link to those in Epsom and Ewell. In the meantime Surrey Police continue to patrol in marked and unmarked cars.
We do not want residents to be worried about burglaries but would like to make you aware so that you can remain vigilant and take some precautionary measures especially in the run up to the holiday season.
Here are some guidelines to keep your home safe and secure:
- Consider parking the car in a garage and lock both the car & the garage & side gate.
- CCTV cameras are available and may deter car crimers and burglars.
- If you go on holiday ask a neighbour to keep an eye out for the home and vehicle.
- Ask a neighbour to pop in and remove the post which may be showing through the door identifying that no-one is home.
- Do not leave keys and personal possessions on show at any window.
- If you do not have a Neighbourhood watch please do consider this as it does have many benefits.
- Do not leave your recycle bins or rubbish bins out at the front – they can be used to step on and over your side gate.
- Put away all gardening tools which could be used to open windows and doors.
- Make sure the curtains are shut and some lights are on if you are going out in the evening or the day time.
- Consider timer lights throughout the day and night if you’re going away and leave the radio on suggesting that someone is at home.
- Consider the use of IMMOBILISE which can register your most valued items on the internet for us to check when we find them in a warrant.
- Consider joining www.Intheknow.community/
- Consider a sensor light outside your home address.
In the Know Community Website
Do you want to know what is going on in your community, sign up for free…www.intheknow.community/
Find out what is happening in your area – witness appeals, crime updates, crime prevention advice and news.
It’s specific to your interests and local area; from reliable sources; and you’re in control of how often you are contacted and who you receive information from.
If you would like any home security advice please contact 101 and ask for the Crime Prevention Officer
To report a crime or incident or to contact your Safer Neighbourhood Team call
101 or report your crime on line via Surrey Police website.