Please stay safe and help your household and neighbours to stay safe during the current Lockdown. A few things which will help us all to do this in Kingswood.
The latest official England Lockdown poster can be found here www.gov.uk/government/publications/england-lockdown-stay-at-home-posters
- Vaccinations have begun for Kingswood residents in the high priority categories. NHS letters are sent inviting those eligible to book a vaccination either on-line or by phone. Please do not contact your GP surgery to ask; that will only waste their time.
- If residents who are over 80 are concerned that they have not yet received an NHS letter we understand it is possible to go onto the NHS Vaccination website to check www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
- We understand that all Covid vaccinations for Kingswood are being administered at Epsom Racecourse. The KVCA has offered the Village Hall, but this has not been taken up so far.
- If there are Kingswood residents who need transport to get their vaccination, we would like to be able to offer this through the Kingswood Safety Net. Would you be willing to be a transport volunteer? If so, please email: email@example.com Advice on safe transporting will be provided.
Meals and Shopping
- Some local pharmacies are offering free delivery of prescriptions during the current lockdown for those who cannot safely, or do not wish to, collect from the pharmacy themselves. Please contact your pharmacy.
- Our Kingswood shops which are allowed to operate during the lockdown continue to offer an extremely valuable local service. Please support them supporting us:
o New Khyber – meal collections and delivery
o Pets’ Corner – pet food and supplies
o Kingswood Village Store – food, household supplies, Post Office. Deliveries possible.
o Kingswood Wines – drinks and groceries. Deliveries possible.
o Waterhouse Café and No 12 Restaurant – food supplies; meals for collection or delivery. Free delivery for orders over £25 and free delivery to residents over 70.
o Dine with George – meal deliveries to your door. Order on Facebook.
How You Can Help
- Laptops: We are part of a scheme to refurbish laptops for use by children unable to attend school. If you or your company have any working laptops that you no longer need, which are running Windows 7, 8 or 10 (no MACs yet) please contact Kingswood Safety Net.
- Food Banks: Winter plus Covid means that donations to our local food banks are more important than ever. Marked donation points at village shops and around our roads.