What’s new since the last update…
If you are alone self-isolating or know someone who is. A community helpline is available for residents needing support with tasks such as picking up shopping or prescription collections. Call 0300 200 1008, Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm (note extended opening hours).
The Harlequin Theatre has been transformed as a community support centre to co-ordinate essential assistance for vulnerable residents, distributing food, medicines and essential supplies to high risk and vulnerable residents needing to stay at home, as well as to those in severe financial need. http://tiny.cc/y815lz
The council has published an online list of pharmacies in the Borough, including information about home deliveries. http://tiny.cc/mb25lz
Supermarkets & Food Delivery
A list of supermarkets and food delivery organisations is available on the Borough council website for residents who need information about food http://tiny.cc/wc25lz
Surrey County Council has changed its roadwork programme. Key repair and maintenance works will continue. Other works, such as resurfacing, are being paused. http://tiny.cc/4v25lz
In consultation with the Mayor, due to the absence of government regulations on ‘virtual meetings’ the council meeting due to be held on 9th April 2020 has been postponed.
Staff are continuing to be redeployed. This week, staff across the organisation are starting to be redeployed to make welfare phone calls to vulnerable residents.
Sports & Leisure
Multi-use games areas (MUGAs) and sports courts have been closed until further notice. All our play areas have been closed, but parks and open spaces will remain open for the time being.
Council officers will be contacting businesses directly about new business grants. http://orlo.uk/HBjQV
Information for residents whose income has reduced and need to defer council tax payments or apply for Council Tax Reduction, has been updated- please visit http://orlo.uk/XYHCW Council Tax queries are currently being dealt with online – where you can use the council tax checker.
Public toilets in the borough are closed until further notice to help reduce the spread of the virus.
What you can do to help…
Here’s what’s happening with bin collections and how you can help. http://orlo.uk/BiVxy
Collections of garden waste are now suspended. Priorities for the waste and recycling service will be to maintain normal household waste collections.
Helping to keep things running as smoothly as possible:
- Protect your bin crews – If your household has a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus you should place all used tissues and cleaning cloths in a plastic rubbish bag and tie it tightly when full. After 72 hours, the bag should be placed inside a second bag and tied tightly before being placed in your general rubbish bin.
- Please put your bins out early and leave them out until they’ve been emptied.
- Please be considerate when parking your car on a collection day, this will help to ensure the collection vehicles can access your road.
- Reduce your waste as much as possible.
- Compact your recycling into bins as much as possible to maximise space and only put bins out when they are full.
- Start composting at home.
- If you decide to have a Spring clear-out while you’re at home, please don’t put everything in the bin straight away – please wait until normal service resumes.
Borough Councillors: Chipstead, Kingswood and Woodmansterne
Cllr. Tim Archer
Phone: 07854 175053
Cllr. Caroline Neame
Phone: 07767 782473
Cllr. Simon Parnall
Phone: 01737 830888